Tuesday 1 April 2014

Day 1 of NaPoWriMo 2K14

Hello. I'm back again. Look at that. Sooo many ideas!

I had several poems in mind (quite possibly) and here's the first one:

I Left Out A Letter by Susanna Chapman


Sunny Sunday in April;
I was painted in green
I found a dark letter
Somehow meant to be seen.

I tidied my room, 
Placing it on a dresser
Perhaps, if you saw it
You'd know my pain better.

Between keyrings and strepsils,
As steely silver as sweet,
I placed the naked paper
For your eyes to see.

Just three keywords on offer
That kinda just said it all
That showed my life's struggle
And how I feel so small.

You walked into my room
Later that day
You looked all around it;
Didn't have a lot to say.

I know that you read it
But you needn't admit;
You know that I'm trying
And that's really it.

I left out a letter 
For just you to see
I hoped you'd look at my life
Differently




No comments:

Post a Comment